Sunday, October 10, 2010

With Love From Mom & Dad....

Yesterday we spent the evening over at my Mother & Father's home. We enjoyed dinner with my Sister and Brother and their families. We always have a good time when we get together. The evening passed quickly. After dinner we played a game of Dominoes. My father loves playing this game. There were eight of us playing with a set of 15's. It was challenging for all of us, including my father who is the domino king.

Before we left, my mom gave all the "girls" (My sister, sister-in-law and myself) a gift that she and my father had made for us.  They made each of us a set of Wind Chimes. Not ordinary wind chimes though. These chimes are made our of kitchen utensils, pots, pans, etc. They made each one specifically to what each of us like.

My sister is the Baker of the family. She enjoys making and decorating cakes. So, they made hers with all kinds of baking stuff: whisks, cookie press, measuring spoons, cupcake pan, small tart pans, etc.  My sister-in-law enjoys bright and colorful items. So they made hers out of the all colors of enamelware. Using items like: small teapots, coffee cups, saucers, lids, etc.

Then there is mine. They made mine with all things used for Canning/Preservation of food, since I love to home can my own food. They used items like: old cherry pitter, pressure gauge, old jar lids, ladles, funnel, and juicer. Isn't it cute? I just love it. Of course I love wind chimes and we have many here at Red Bud Cottage, so these will fit right in. Isn't it just wonderful what one can do with lots of old stuff and your imagination?

Thanks Mom & Dad for my lovely gift....I will enjoy its beautiful tinkling music for years to come.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...