Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mmm, Mmm Good!


Okay, so I made a huge batch (2 gallons) of this chili and took it to an event for my work. I got soooo many compliments about how delicious it was and how the flavors lingered on the palette. There were several who asked me for the recipe so I thought I would share it here for everyone to have.

Serina's Awesome Venison Chili

Ingredients needed:
2 lbs. coarsely ground venison
2 tbsp. oil, for browning venison meat
1 lb. bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 jalapenos, chopped
2 Large green bell peppers, chopped
2 onions, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cumin
1/3 cup chili powder
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp. salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed/ground cayenne pepper (depends on how spicy hot you want it)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (I used home canned diced tomatoes w/onion and peppers)
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
6 cups water (don't add it all until you see how thick it is - if you like thick chili use less)
2 (15.5 oz) cans pinto or kidney beans (I used pinto, since that is what I had on hand)

Brown venison in a little but of oil. In separate pan, brown bacon then add jalapenos, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic and saute' until onions are translucent. Drain both the venison and bacon/veggie mix. Combine into one pot and add all other ingredients except for beans. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add beans and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes. This makes about a gallon of what some say is the most AWESOME chili.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...