Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tribute To A Great Uncle



Aunt Nadine Eldridge
 
What a beautiful day here in NW Arkansas. The weather was just the right temperature. The sun was shinning in all is brilliance. A nice breeze was blowing. All  that we could have wished for on such a day as this.

For today, my family on my mothers side said good-bye and laid to rest my Great Uncle, Coy Eldridge. After a nearly 30 year battle with illness he met his Lord and Savior last Saturday evening. A "Great" Uncle he was. He was 85 years young. Born in 1925.

What can I say about this man that hasn't already been said today. He was a funny loving, story telling, all around gentleman. Everyone who crossed his path was a friend. People were drawn to him. He loved to whittle, go camping and tell stories of his life. You never heard him speak ill or cross of anyone. He was awesome! He will be greatly missed.

He married the Love of his life, Nadine Harvey. They were married for 68 years. She is my grandmothers sister. I told her today as I was leaving to come home, "Aunt Dean (that is what I have always called her) You found you a wonderful man that loved you and cared for you for all these years. You had the best. He was deeply loved and will be greatly missed." She said, " Honey, Yes I did. God blessed me good. And your right, I will miss him."


WE LOVE YOU, Uncle Coy! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...