Sunday, December 5, 2010

My, Oh My What a Surprise!

Children are special...I love my kids dearly and they know it. They get told "I Love You" on a daily basis. So it really didn't catch me too off guard too much when our daughter, Michele, gave me a gift on Friday when I arrived home.

She met me in the hallway and said, "Mom, I found this for you today. I thought about waiting until Christmas to give it to you, but I just couldn't."  She then handed me a small white box. Inside was two necklaces. One with an open heart that says "Mother" and a smaller heart that fits inside the other that says "Daughter". This means a lot to me.

As a mother of this almost 18yo, I know that teens can focus a lot on friends, relationships or lack there of, school, music, cars, etc.  But I have to say that I am thankful that my two teens seem to "get" what life is about (most of the time)...Family, Loving, Caring, Sharing, and Building lasting and worthwhile Friendships...

Thank you, Lord for giving me such loving children. My prayer is that they stay true to themselves and reflect God's love in all that they do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...