Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hugs for Everyone - Family Christmas Gathering #1

Yesterday afternoon, We attended the first of four Christmas gatherings that we will have this year. Today's was with my Father's side of the family.  It is always a fun time getting together with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and others, most whom we haven't seen very often throughout the year. 
Because our family has grown so much over the past several years, the kids draw names and the adults just bring a gift for a gift game. I call it "Chinese Christmas", but I know there are other names for it. Where everyone draws numbers and you get to pick a gift to open or steal an already opened gift from someone else.
This year the kids got some "cool" things and were giving the giver extra hugs. It was fun to watch the kids so willingly loving on their cousins and expressing thanks.

A good time was had by all. We had WAY too much food. We got to catch up on the "family news". We found out that we will have a new addition to the family next July.  Shhh...I am not suppose to tell (at least I won't say who). Plus, we got to spend one more Christmas with my Great Aunt Ennie and Great Uncle Ron.

When it was time for the adults to do their gift game, I got stuff stolen from me 4 times. I guess that means I make good choices, because everyone kept wanting my gifts. In the end, I got one of my gifts back that was stolen from me. It was garden stakes (made by my Great Uncle) and garden seed. Oh Yeah!  I have a jump start on my garden and it is only December....plus it is going to look so pretty with those row stakes.

So Happy Early Christmas to All!
Serina

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...